Hello! My name is Mark. I’m a software engineer from Canada who stumbled his way into living in California. I’ve been here since 2008 and I’ve been fortunate enough to work at some neat places over the years—and I even managed to find myself a family for myself out here 👨👩👧. I’m a lucky guy.
Odds are that you’ve used some code that I’ve written one way or the other, and for that, I’m very sorry. 😅 Computers are hard.
When I’m not working, I like to tinker with computers, collect LaserDiscs, come up with punny names for imaginary food trucks, and play old video game systems.
A few random facts:
- I have a bunch of vintage video game consoles: 🕹
- Nintendo Family Computer (with Disk System!)
- Sharp Twin Famicom
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Super Famicom
- Nintendo 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Sony PlayStation Portable
- Sega Saturn
- Sega Dreamcast
- I have a collection of 224 LaserDiscs 💿
- My favourite food truck name idea is Braise The Roof, but Wonton Destruction was a pretty close second (you can see a complete list of my terrible puns over at my list of mostly food truck name ideas) 🚚
- I firmly believe that Super Mario Bros. and Crazy Taxi are perfect artifacts of video gaming 😌
My hobbies & opinions are weird, but that’s okay—we’re all weirdos in one way or another, so we might as well be happy about it.
Say hi sometime!